Cosmetics Ingredients Database
There are many ingredients approved for use in the manufacture of safe skin care products. They all serve different purposes and are used in different ways. Here are some of them below.
Ingredients for Cosmetic Products
- Coconut Oil: It is found to be effective for protecting the skin and it makes the product
- Tea Tree Oil: It is a well-tolerated ingredient and works well as a natural anti-fungal
- Grape Seed Oil: It helps to retain the skin moisture.
- Rose Water: Rose water contains a lot of vitamins to nourish the skin.
- Argon Oil: Is rich with vitamin E and is effective in enhancing the elasticity of the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: it’s really effective as a cleanser and for treating acne thanks to its natural exfoliating properties
- Avocado Oil: It’s also used as an anti-inflammatory for skins diseases and as a protective agent.
- Lavender Oil: Besides its lovely fragrance it can be used to soothe sunburn and insect bites.
- Olive Oil: Is very effective as a moisturizer and it can also be used to treat minor skin problems like acne.
- Primrose Oil: It helps smooth and hydrate dry and rough skin
- Rose Hip Oil: used for treating and strengthening dry, irritated and weathered skin, burns and reducing the signs of aging.
- Sunflower Oil: It helps preserve the outermost layer of the skin as well as improve hydration.
- Turmeric: It is antioxidant used to treat a variety of skin problems like acne, wounds, burns and eczema
- Shea Butter: It is used to treat all types of skin disorders, it’s overall quite effective for moisturizing dry skin and protecting it.
- Rosemary Oil: used as a photo-therapeutic agent for healing wounds. It can also be used as a natural preservative to prevent other ingredients in cosmetic and skincare products.
- Jojoba Oil: it’s easily absorbed into the skin and is effective as a moisturizing and balancing agent for the skin’s natural oils, without clogging pores.
- Hemp Seed Oil: it helps to maintain the skin’s natural functions and preserves the upper layer of the skin.
- Cedarwood Oil: Besides its use as a fragrance, it helps treats acne, eczema and skin eruptions.
- Aloe Vera: it’s most well-known for its anti-inflammation and healing properties for sunburn and wounds. it’s also been used as an antifungal and anti-parasitic treatment.
- Neroli Oil: it is applied topically to improve the skin’s elasticity, preventing the development of stretch marks, along with reducing acne due to its anti-bacterial features.
- Patchouli: Besides being used in perfumes and soaps, the essential oil can be applied topically to soothe inflammation in infections.
- Violet Leaf: Commonly used in perfumes but it can also be applied to the skin for various results. Ideal for sensitive skin, it can soothe and comfort itchy, rash-prone skin.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is a fantastic antioxidant, naturally reducing acne, blisters and insect bites.
- Ylang Ylang Oil: Ylang-ylang essential oil is notable for both reducing inflammation and regulates the sebum production in skin infections. It is also a great oil to massage into the scalp to keep the skin moisturized and the hair looking healthy.
- Almond Oil: Especially good for eczema. Helps relieve itching, soreness, dryness and inflammation. It is a wonderful massage oil and protectant.
- Castor Oil: It is very soothing and lubricating to the skin and acts as a humectant attracting moisture to the skin.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter softens and lubricates the skin reducing cutaneous dryness and improving skin flexibility. It also has water-repellent properties and is useful in sunscreen products.
- Jasmine Oil: When added to skin care and cosmetic preparations, Jasmine essential oil soothes dry, sensitive skin, heals dermatitis, and wrinkled skin. It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
- Peppermint Oil: its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic cleansing properties make it the ideal for oily, acne-prone skin, blackheads and breakouts, though it is wonderfully toning and cleansing for all skin types.
- Lemongrass Oil: Good for oily, acne-prone skin. It makes an excellent addition to deodorants and skin care products.
- Kaolin Clay: Suitable for sensitive or dry skin. Helps stimulate circulation while gently exfoliating and cleansing.